Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Eh, I'd Still Hit That.


It's a shame. Now Leno had to haul ass back to the producers only hours before his broadcast to change his guest line-up because a certain someone (yes, the "Freaky Friday" chick) got busted again for DUI and possession of cocaine.

Am I surprised?

Not really. What would you expect when you give a 19 year old a 20million dollar movie contract? You can only expect her to put a large part of it up her nose. Is it really that hard to believe a life of fame, fortune, and film would lead a young girl downward to a life of drug use? Not for me.

It should be noted however that I still consider this girl to be very beautiful and talented..... when she wants to be. I mean come on, that whole gun scene in "Bobby" was Oscar-worthy (one of my favorite movies in 2006) and for a 23 year old male to be entertained by "Mean Girls" really says something.

However, once again the media has taken this for all that it's worth and has run with it. Wow! There's a shock. It's unfortunate that the same people who will read and follow her relapses and mishaps just so they can bad-mouth her at the dinner table are the same people who take their children to see her movies.

Hypocrites if you ask me. And we wonder why our youth is so poisoned by todays pop-culture phenomena. If you ask me, parents are to blame. Probably Miss Lohan's problems also, a responsible parent would intervene, step in, and manage their child responsibly - not race them to the bottom of the bottle.

Do I think her new movie will do well?

Oh, it's very convenient that these things happen right before a big premiere.

Probably. Any publicity is good publicity. Were the same people that made Paris Hilton "America's Sweetheart" whens she released her sex-tape for the world to see. Let's not extend our hand to Lindsey Lohan while were at it.

As for the "anorexia"....... Nobody's perfect. I think to this day she's gorgeous even if she skips a few meals to do so. Call me sexist if you will, but if a person chooses to go to measures to make themselves attractive that is their decision and those who find her attractive shouldn't be accountable for another persons actions.

"Well aren't her skinny arms just appalling?" You ask.

Funny, I wasn't looking at her arms.


Later guys,

Chris

No comments: