Saturday, July 28, 2007

BOLDLY GO!

According to MovieNews, Zachary Quinto A.K.A. Skylar from "Heroes" (yes one of my three fave series on the air right now) has just been cast to play Spock in the next installment of the "Star Trek" movie series - a prequel I believe.

Am I happy with this?

Sure, he kicks ass on the show and I'm sure he'll do no less in the ST flick.

Would I cast him?

Not necessarily. I probably would've gone with Adrien Brody (yeah, guy from "Pianist"). Not only is he a brilliant actor but his bone/facial structure is a perfect match for Nimoys looks but so is Quinto.

As for Kirk?

Online rumors go with Matt "Jason Bourne" Damon. Can he match the horrifically good acting as the shat - maybe, it's a toss-up but I can't think of anyone else better. As for now, we'll see and check what plays out.

Mr. Sulu - can we go with William Hung?

No comments: